A New Year: A Dialogue on Women's Health
Cannon Caucus Room, 345, Cannon House Office Building
January 24, 2005
The Jacobs Institute of Women's Health brought together policymakers and organizations working on women's health to engage in a dialogue on overarching priorities and share information on current initiatives to advance women's health. The purpose of the gathering was to build a stronger community and develop a better understanding for each other's goals and work. To begin this dialogue, JIWH convened a panel to discuss the current state of women's health, women and health care reform, and the opinions women have about women's health.
Speakers for the briefing included:
- Paula Johnson, MD, MPH, Brigham & Women's Hospital (To download Dr. Johnson's powerpoint presentation, please click here.)
- Anne Kasper, PhD, senior editor of Breast Cancer: Society Shapes an Epidemic.
- Nicole Cozier, MBA/MS, Director of Programs, Women & Philanthropy (To download, Ms. Cozier's presentation, please click here.)
- Mary Woolley, President, Research!America (To download Ms. Woolley's powerpoint presentation, please click here.)
- Moderator: Sara Rosenbaum, JD, George Washington University School of Public Health
A webcast of this event is available online on kaisernet.org, a free service of the Kaiser Family Foundation. Along with the webcast, a transcript is available.